Saturday, March 10, 2012

Re: vu experts - VIVA QUESTIONS FOR FINANCE

Aslam o Alikum
Dear all, yesterday was my viva & I want to share my experience with all of the students who are also doing MBA in finance and doing Internship Report.
When I entered in presentation room, there were one female and two males. Female asked me aslam o alikum samina kya hal hai I said waalikum aslam Allah ka shukar. Then he asked me samina sit down on the chair and plug in your usb. I attached my usb and the female instructor asked me press F5 I pressed f5. then he said start your presentation. I started my presentation with the name of ALLAH ALMIGHTY who always helped me in every way of my life.
First of all, I introduced myself after that I introduced the organization in which I did my internship. When I was introducing the organization one male asked me move on training program, I moved to training program, female and one male asked some question to me but one male did ask any question to me he was observing my body language & gestures.
Female asked me Saima did you open any account in NBP I said yes. Then she started to ask the question from me.
 
1. What is the major difference b/w PLS Saving A/C & Current A/C?
2. What is the difference b/w Pay order & Demand Draft?
3. Then she said samina what is "Next of Kin" explain it?
4. Then she asked Samina what is KYC do you know anything about it?
5. Then male asked to me, what is initial deposit amount for opening the PLS Saving A/C & Current A/C?
6. Then she said Samina what is CDR?
7. After that I explain the difference between the PO, DD & CDR?
 
Then the male asked me move on Ratio Analysis, I moved on ratio analysis he asked me move on any ratio I open the gross spread ratio then he asked the question about this ratio.
 
8. Explain Gross Spread ratio then asked what is interest earned of the bank?
9. Then he asked about Non Interest Income to Total Income ratio, what is the non interest income of bank?  
10. Then the male asked me about Spread ratio what this graph is showing in all of the years? Increasing ratio is good for bank or not?
11. Then female said Samina recommend any one point that should be improved I said NBP need to improve its Advances to Deposits Ratio. Female asked me how this ratio can be Improved, I said NBP has much Deposits. NBP should use its deposits in advancing to the borrowers. When NBP will give advances to its borrowers then its will gain interest income and this ratio will automatically increased.
They said good samina ok thank u I also said thank u & Allah Hafiz.

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 10:15 PM, Bilal Farooq <bilal.zaheem@weblyceum.com> wrote:

As Received…..

 

Nida thanks for sharing….

 


Bilal Farooq
Group Owner |MBA Finance
Virtual University of Pakistan

www.weblyceum.com

 

From: vu-experts@googlegroups.com [mailto:vu-experts@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Nida
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2011 3:47 PM
To: vu-experts@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: vu experts - VIVA QUESTIONS FOR FINANCE

 

Alhamdulillah  i passedout  my presentation and now complete my mba also.....its was great experience.....the questions which was asked to me during my presentation are as follows:
First i start the intro of the org. then they said go to the training program, then i start that part and there they asked many questions as i have written that i have done in 2 departmenta accounts opening and operation department.....the first question they asked me that what is main difference b/w account opening form and kyc form? i answered thenm that the main differnce is the source of income that in the account opening form there is no salary or business income of the customer is given in the accounts opening whereas this detail is given in the kyc form.Then they ask what is main thing in the CNIC we check? i said it is the expiry date of the cnic and the customer signature....then he ask me that from where it can be cheked that the CNIC of the customer is fake or not? i answer that form the versisys of the NADRA office....then he asked me what is photo a/c i answerd that the customers who are illeterate and their signatures are shaky then those customers a/c are photp a/c then he asked me that it is complusory to have a photo in that a/c? i answered that yes...then he asked me that it is complusory that all the customers accounts should have the photos in their form? i said no only for the customers whose a/cs are photo a/c account should have photos in their forms not all the customers photos are complusory......then he asked me that if i have photo a/c then other any one can go in my behalf and take the amount in my behalf? i said no...only the person whose account is photo a/c can take the amount from his account except no one else...then he asked me that there is only 2 department in the bank? i said no there are departments also as finace department and the trade department also......then he asked you have done work in these department also??i said bank mostly give me work in the accounts and the operation department not on other departments.....then they said ok go on ur training program then i give the detail work of the opertation department....the he said ok go on next slide on the ratio analysis and start ur first ratio.......i start the current ratio with definition and the give the detaril that in which year it is increasing and decreasing......then they asked me what is the reason that it is increasing in that and decraesing in other year? i answer them in that particular year the current assets are increasing from the current liabilities thats why in that year current ratio is increasing whereas in the other 2 years the current liabilties is decraesing thats y it is decreasing in the year.....then he asked what is standard ratio for the current ratio? i said it is 2:1 he said it is normal ratio for the banks it is 1.5:1 and he said u can see banks current ratio never increase from the 1 mostly....then he said go on next ratio....then i give same definitaion and interpertation....then he said go on leverage ratio and start with the times interest earned......and he asked how u calculate the ebit? i said net profit before tax and add the interest expense....then he said where the amount of interest expense u get? i said from the profit and loss account......then he said go on debt ratio.....then i start that ratio he asked what is the main liability of the bank? i said it is deposits of its customers.... then he said what u interprate from the debt ratio it should be low or high which is good for the bank? i said it should be low.....then he said u said that deposits are the liabities then deposits should increase or decrese which is better? i said it should be incraese it is always good for the bank then he said then he said y said debt ratio low he said  bank workingis different if it is higj it is good for the bank.....then he said u understand it...always remember it...then he said move on to the debt/equity ratio......i explain it the he said if 0.9010 show the debt then where is the equity ratio....i m just confuse in that point....then he said what is the accounting equation? i said assets= liabilities + oweners equity.....then he said ok....then put the values of assets and liabilities then it is? i said 1-0.90....then he said to the other teacher u can ask....he said no u can ask.....i forget in debt ratio he also said suppose debt ratio 5: 1 it is good or not? i said yes as standard ratio 60: 40 where debt is more than equity is good....he said it is for manufacturing companies not for the bank......then he said give one recommendation according to ratio analysis for the bank..... i answer him that bank should incraese its profit margin by decreasing its expenditures.....then he said ok thanyou u can go..............i think the best pratice is to prepare ur slides they just ask what is written in that some questions related to the general questions also.....

--
Please visit http://www.weblyceum.com and get registered for Past Papers, Quiz, Assignments, GDBs and much more...

To post to this group, send email to vu-experts@googlegroups.com
 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to vu-experts-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com

Do write to admin.bilal@weblyceum.com for Help, suggestion and Complaint.

--
Please visit http://www.weblyceum.com and get registered for Past Papers, Quiz, Assignments, GDBs and much more...

To post to this group, send email to vu-experts@googlegroups.com
 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to vu-experts-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com

Do write to admin.bilal@weblyceum.com for Help, suggestion and Complaint.

No comments:

Post a Comment